Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sore throat

I'm currently down with a major sore throat. Completely lost my voice.

But yesterday, I managed to turn this sore throat thing around and used it to approach this cute girl that I saw at KLCC.

She was manning a kid's carnival thing that they were having at the centre court. I was hanging around that place waiting for Allan Koay.

Now I'm quite an animal when it comes to talking up girls; specifically, I'm a chicken. But yesterday, at the spur of the moment, I came up with an ingenius plan to get my phone number into her hands:

I was going to approach her on the pretext of asking for direction.

After mustering enough courage, I walked up to her desk and used sign language to indicate that I was having problem speaking up. With this husky voice, must've been quite believeable. Then -- and here's where the punch line is -- I took out my name card and wrote my question on the back of it. "Where is this so and so place?" She told me where, I gestured my thanks... and conveniently left the card on her desk.

Ah but she never called back. Maybe she never turned the card over. Or maybe she thought I was really mute. A mute with a bad hairdo. Doh!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier in the day, a colleague noticed my husky voice so I told her about my sore throat.

"It's a good thing I'm Malaysian." I said.

"Why do you say that?" asked the colleague.

"Becos if I were Siberian, they would've called me Siberian Husky."

"Oh, that's terrible!"

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger anne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home