Sunday, October 08, 2006

Plenty of things to be happy about

Plenty of things to be happy about over the last weekend:

1. Michael Schumacher blew his engine at the Japanese GP.

2. Alex Yoong and Team A1GP Malaysia won both the sprint race and the feature race at Brno circuit in the Czech Republic.

3. TV2 showed "You've Got Mail" on Saturday and I'm a sucker for Meg Ryan movies.

Maybe you've seen "You've Got Mail". It's about online dating, set at a time when all of us were still dialing our ISP using a 56K modem (remember that sound?). Meg Ryan was using a Mac and Tom Hanks, the 'bad guy' is shown using a Windows PC but that's beside the point. The point of the story is this: some stranger you pass on the street may already be the love of your life. You just don't notice her. Maybe becos she's not using a Mac.

This is not something you just see in movies. People really do meet online, and fall in love and get married and have kids. Except that maybe they don't look as good as or they're not as rich as or as witty as Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in the movie.

I don't know what you think of Meg Ryan, but I like all her movies. The ones that I've seen anyway -- "You've Got Mail", "Sleepless In Seattle", "Addicted To Love", "When Harry Met Sally". I even like "In The Cut" but that's for a different reason. >:)

Actually there's one more thing that I can add to the list of things to be happy about over the weekend:

4. I turned 30 on Saturday and I can tell you, it's a very exciting time of my life.

4 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Syed said...

Brovo dude, nice to see you starting you own blog.Are you going to post you cartoon works here as well?

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Ridzwan A. Rahim said...

Can it handle my cartoons? Banyak woo. I'm new to blogging so I dunno. I'm taking it one bird at a time.

Saya budak baru belajar. Kalau salah tolong jolokkan.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger kluxorious said...

I'm a sucker for Meg Ryan's movie too although lately her movies are more to the bad-girl type of thing. Still love her though.

btw, I'm glad you started this blog

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Syed said...

You should put some site meter to check on where you visitor comes from and how many pages hits per day. You can check out other blogs for references. Plus you could make money as well through google adsense and stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home