Monday, May 21, 2007

Have you looked at your keyboard lately?

I mean like really looked, as in by popping off the key caps and looking at the debris accumulated from years of no cleaning?

No?

Well these are some pictures that I took of my colleagues' keyboards. This is Ruslina's keyboard





This is Meena's keyboard





Suzanna's keyboard



Suzanna's again



Yet another view of Suzanna's keyboard.




I felt like a CSI when I was taking those pictures.

What was I doing looking at people's keyboard? I had actually been practising cleaning keyboard, timing myself to see how fast I could do the job. I have learnt that it takes roughly half an hour for me to pop off all the key caps and clean the 'naked' keyboard.

The key caps are then brought home, where I put them in a pillow case, tie it and throw it into the washing machine together with the rest of my laundry.

When the key caps come out, somehow they become clean. There's no need to clean them individually.

After the key caps are dry, it takes another 15 minutes for me to put them back on again.

I'm thinking maybe I can start a business cleaning people's keyboard. Any takers?

6 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Syed said...

lost my appetite man..

kena basuh dgn detol mcm ni.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Ridzwan A. Rahim said...

you haven't heard anything yet. they say your keyboard has more bacteria on it than a toilet seat. and i do mean your keyboard. mine is clean, as are the keyboards of the colleagues around me who have been so blessed with my presence. heh. :)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger jujuqtpie said...

Ee-yuw, keyboards look totally horrifying. Mine still looks clean outwardly but I'm pretty sure it needs your blessed presence and diligence as well :)
Btw, i am juju, bani's sis in law. My sis tells me that Bani has mentioned me to you, i dunno. Anyway, i perused quickly through your blog and sorry about the divorce, man and congrats on the new baby. Nice name, btw. I think anybody who's been to Stockholm would share your Swedish obsession. Went there with hubby 2 years back, and Stockholm was so beautiful. If ever we have the means, would bring the kids. Dunno what bani told you if he did, but maybe we can work together? Have to warn you though that I know nothing and am just starting out.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger xenobiologista said...

=D That's pretty bad. New kb (laptop) here at home, but I probably should clean the one I use at the university...who knows how long it's been there.

*runs off to get disinfectant spray bottle*

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Ridzwan A. Rahim said...

Hi xenobiologista,

I'm curious: how did you find out about my blog?

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger xenobiologista said...

You gave me the address when I emailed you a while ago to ask about your "One to One" comic strip. (I'm Shi-Hsia) Sorry, this is a different username than my email add and sometimes I lose track of them. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home