Saturday, January 22, 2011

Goodbye Mimiko

Well, that was it between me and Mimiko the school teacher.

When we first started out in October, my fear was that it would all end as quickly as it began. You know how relationships are accelerated in the age of emails, text messaging and Facebook. And true enough, it did.

I managed to prolong it by another month though. And honestly, that one month felt like one year.

Cos I was the only one doing the work.

Cos every day I lived with the fear of saying yet another wrong word, starting yet another quarrel.

Cos for the first time in my life, I really, really wanted a relationship to work. I had saving myself for this person for the past four years.

I saw all the warning signs but I ignored them. I thought I was being loyal.

Bah. The price you pay for being too trusting of people..

The big lesson learnt here: never be with someone who is not willing to lay all her cards on the table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home