Saturday, January 01, 2011

Syakir reached a milestone today



My son Syakir reached a milestone today at the pool: swimming across non-stop for the first time.

It was completely his own idea. We didn't have class today because it was a public holiday. So I let him do his own thing at the big pool while I went to attend to Farhanah at the kiddie pool.

Later, when I checked on him, I saw him swimming and asked, did you just swim across? He said yes. Then I said show me and then he did. I was impressed.

Then I asked him do you wanna try at the deep end and he said yes. No trace of hesitation whatsoever. We went to the other end and he repeated what he did earlier, with me swimming alongside keeping a close watch. I was very ecstatic!

After a few more times, his confidence level really went up.

Then I said I'm going to go look after Farhanah now so will you be ok swimming alone? He said yes. So I left.

I told Syakir this is excellent. You can show your instructor next week and they'll move you to the class with the better kids.

My son is becoming a swimmer. Best ever way to start the new year. Hopefully by our next island trip together, he'll be brave enough to jump into the sea alongside Daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home