Thursday, November 09, 2006

The dog that wouldn't go away

This morning, as I was walking to the LRT station, a dog came running from far away towards me.

Normally if I see a big dog running like that, I would lari litang-pukang. But since this one was small, I tried to remain calm.

For some unknown reasons, the dog seemed so glad to see me.

It started walking alongside me towards the LRT station. Sometimes it would be on my right, sometimes on my left. I thought, "biar benar anjing nie."

If a stranger comes running towards you saying, "hey, so glad to see you. Can I walk with you to the LRT station?", what do you say to that? "Um, sure." Yeah, but you'll also be thinking "but why? The street not big enough for you, buddy?"

As with many Muslims, my only concern was if the dog was wet or if it licked any part of my clothing, I would have to samak (wash with earth water) that part of the clothing. It would just be cumbersome.

I was also concerned that it wanted to follow me all the way to NST.

I tried to shoo the dog away nicely but it continued to follow me. I had a feeling that some of my hand gestures actually made it think I wanted to play.

This went on for a good ten minutes or so before the dog decided to make a pee-stop (as opposed to a pitstop). That was when I seized the opportunity to run away and cross the road and disappear from its view.

Till now, I'm still wondering what that was all about.

Theory #1: I look like its owner. Maybe the owner is also bald. But then again, dogs can recognise their owners through smell, no?

Theory #2: I look and smell like the owner. Time to put on those perfume.

Theory #3: I don't have Theory #3 yet

1 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger Syed said...

here in middle east I found some product call samak clay detergent for cleaning (industrial).I read the description,says that clay+water(mud?) has ion which can pick up small dirt and remove the smell, thus I guess why we have to samak. Then again technology has created sabun, isnt it the same as samak in this case? hmm makes you wonder..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home