Saturday, February 09, 2008

The joys of being a parent

This is why kids are great to have.

Last weekend, which was a particularly long one, I got the boys to spend some time at my place in PJ.

It was Friday so I brought them to the mosque for Friday prayers. Big mistake. Kids this age can never sit still. Worse still if you have two of them together.

My boys were playing, teasing each other, rolling around, generally being an annoyance to the rest of the congregation who were trying to pray. This was especially true of my three-year-old, Zuhayr.

I was furious but waited until we got home to express my disapproval. Then I called Zuhayr over. I remember as a child, my father would pull me by the ear in this kind of situation. For my son, I decided to go with a scolding and a good -- real good -- spanking.

It was enough to send him on the verge of tears.

Then I sent him off and went into the kitchen to prepare lunch. The next thing I knew, he was fast asleep on the armrest of the sofa like this:


Tiba2 jadi kesian pulak. Really, how can you not go 'awww' when you see something like this?


If you rotate the picture like this, he looks like the son of a koala bear.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Blogger Sheldon Goh said...

LOL! Bro, I know EXACTLY where you're coming from.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Ridzwan A. Rahim said...

don, this entry was tailor-made for you! :)

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Ridzwan A. Rahim said...

question: what is the most exotic animal that you can find in koala lumpur?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home