Saturday, August 16, 2008

My car, my first ever car!


So my Suzuki Swift finally arrived on Wednesday. Red coloured. Modified it to look like a Swift Sport.

It costs me about RM70,000. Swifts used to cost about RM90,000 but ever since Suzuki started assembling the car in Pekan, Pahang, the price has gone down considerably.

A lot more people can now afford a Swift. Alhamdulillah.

It's one hell of a cute looking car but not in a girly sort of way like, say, Toyota Yaris.

Me, what sold me to this car was the look and the handling. And the price.

All in all, it's the closest you can get to a MINI Cooper if you are on a budget.

I was actually quite happy with taking public transportation. I had been doing that for the nine years that I had been working.

But public transportation in Malaysia is fine if it's you alone. If you have kids, you'll want a set of wheels.

I had been borrowing my parents' and siblings' cars ever since the divorce. It got to a point when my second son Zuai would ask me each time we were going out, "So which car are you taking this time, daddy?"

That really bugged me and so, once I finished paying off my cards, and with a little bit of money that I made from cartooning, I decided it was high time I bought my own car.

But which car? Now that was not a swift decision.

I wanted it to be a good buy, just like Agnetha and my Crumpler. I wanted something similar to what other people have but just slightly nicer.

I looked at the options in the market. Boy, there were many. After a while, I decided on the Swift.

I also splurged a bit on the accessories: body kit, seats, window tint. I don't want to reveal the exact figure here. My mom might be reading this. She would not be amused. That kind of money is better off spent on going to Makkah to perform the haj, she would say.

Anyway, I will come up with a proper review of the car plus more photos once I come back from Perhentian next week.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger munchkin said...

Swift is a nice car.

The MacBook is a nice notebook.

The Crumpler is a nice bag.

*In deep Yoda voice: Smart purchases you have made, my boy*

Heheh, so when am I getting a ride on the new Swift? Has it gotten a name already?

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Ifila Saila said...

duey.. org skrg ramai yg nak beli motor je gi opis, save minyak, ngkau pulak sibuk beli keta lak..

thinking of installing NGV to ur cars? alamat xde tempat lah nak bubuh beg kat bonet belakang tu nanti..! heheh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home