Saturday, October 11, 2008

This must be the best birthday I've ever had

Because:

1. My friends and I tried something different this year: karaoke.
2. Went to see Mamma Mia with someone I REALLY like. It was fun.
3. Someone sent me flowers on my birthday.

So a bunch of us -- me, Aswad, Gerald, Christian and Julia along with Julia's housemate Jena -- decided to do something different this year: we went to karaoke at Red Box in Low Yat.

I organised everything, which was a big deal as I had never organised anything in my life. I was always happy to go with other people's plans.

Everyone had a great time singing their favourite kind of music.

Julia in fact gave me a 'preview' of her singing earlier in the day when she called and sang Happy Birthday over the phone -- a repeat of last year's performance. ;)

Jena, who is a Muslim from China, turned out to be an excellent singer, belting out a couple of Chinese songs. We were looking at the video while she sang, and it really looked as though it was the person in the video that was singing.

But, nothing beat this: I stunned everyone including myself when I sang Micheal Buble's Everything without the aid of lyrics.

We stayed at Red Box past midnight. Everyone went home happy.

I love my friends.

On top of that karaoke thing, a nameless person gave me a bouquet of a dozen white roses and made cupcakes for me on my birthday.


I had never received cupcakes or flowers on my birthday so thank you, whoever she is. That was a big deal.

It reminded me of an Agnetha Faltskog song, If I Thought You'd Ever Change Your Mind.

I would bring you flowers in the morning
Wild roses as the sun begins to shine
Sweet perfume in tiny jeweled caskets
If I thought you'd ever change your mind

I would take you where the music's sweetest
And feed you winter fruits and summer wine
Show you things you've only read in storybooks
If I thought you'd ever change your mind

I would bring you happiness
Wrapped up in a box and tied with a yellow bow
I would bring you summer rain and rainbow skies to make your garden grow
And in the winter snow my songs would keep you from the cold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home