Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's a girl!

It's confirmed. This morning at 2.25am, my wife gave birth to a healthy baby girl, all 2.6kg of her.

We were quite unprepared as the baby was actually due on the 23rd. But luckily yesterday I spent the night at my wife's home in Bangi, so by the time she complained of pain between 12.00am-1.00am, I was able to quickly pack the boys off to my parents' place and rush her to Subang Jaya Medical Centre, some 30km away.

It was a fairly easy delivery. I could see that the doctor and nurses were very pleased about it. My wife and I went into the delivery suite at 2.00am and in less than half an hour, everything was over.

You're probably wondering what the baby looks like. Well if you ask me, all newborn babies look the same. They all have puffed up face, slit eyes and long sideburns. My second son, Ahmad Zuhayr, looked like our former Transport Minister Ling Liong Sik when he was born. It's only after 3 months that they start to develop their actual features. :)

Mother and daughter are resting now, and I'm online looking for some ideas for the baby's name. I'm looking for an Arabic name that is simple and has a good meaning. Unlike some parents that I know, I don't go for complicated, multi-syllable names. Why bother? People won't call her by that painful name anyway. I have a friend named Tiia and I like that name, but it's not Arabic and I don't know what it means. Right now, I have Kauthar (a river in paradise) and Khaulah (one who has beautiful features) and Alhan Farhanah (happy songs, or so I was told) in the short list. The last one actually belongs to a former classmate in Kolej Islam Klang.

This whole episode is bitter sweet for me. We're all excited about the arrival of this new member of the family but at the same time, everyone's aware of the state of my marriage. Most of them are hopeful that the baby will factor in the R-word (reconcillation) but I don't think so. I'm a kind person and I will be kind to her until the divorce is finalised in about 3 months' time. And after that? I will continue to be kind.

8 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Syed said...

Congratulation Ridzwan.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Allan Koay 郭少樺 said...

Congrats ! and good luck!

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger kluxorious said...

Congrats bro and good luck!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Ridzwan A. Rahim said...

Thanks everyone. So we finally settled for Alhan Farhanah - "songs of happiness".

Lantaklah nama tu tak original pun. I think the world has room for one more person with that name.

At first I thought of naming her Alhan ABBA (songs of ABBA) but wife wasn't so keen on it.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Cuddly Family said...

Congrats Ridzan..

and good luck as well.. Tis a shame but perhaps in the long term it may work out for the better..

what a sweet name! I jealous I also want baby girl LOL (I can see don fainting as we speak).. :) haha

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Ridzwan A. Rahim said...

Oh my God. I didn't realise you're in here Lia until I logged in today.

Yeah, songs of happiness becos I thought it nicely sums up what both my wife and I are going through; she's happy to finally get a daughter while I (well I'm not supposed to say I'm happy to get a divorce but) I'm happy to get a second chance.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Cuddly Family said...

You are allowed to be busy Ridzwan LOL How she is growing ? nice article on the 24hour comic thing! couldnt grab a copy but I read it online, nice one!

c u soon!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger anne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home