Saturday, February 23, 2008

Optimus Prime for Syakir

It was Syakir's birthday the other day and this time, we threw him a party. Just a simple one at McDonald's but I think it really made his day.

And as a gift, I bought him an Optimus Prime toy. It was something that he had always wanted but if you think that I did it for my own benefit, you're absolutely korek-korek-korek also. I bought the thing so that I, too, can play with it.

Besides, I was planning to feature the toy in Thingamajiggy so it's also for work, you know!

Let's get on with that important matter.


My verdict about this toy:

1. Price RM99.90 (at Jusco) is not bad at all. I thought all the Transformers' prices would have inflated like nobody's business by now.

2. Conversion is simple enough that even Syakir could figure it out on his own (and teach me some more!).



3. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of articulation the robot has to offer. The thing looks kinda stiff in brochures.

4. What I don't get however is why they decided to go with a paint job that is a throwback to the original Optimus Prime from the 1980s? Syakir didn't get it too (he also used the word 'throwback' in his statement).

2 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger xenobiologista said...

yeah, but he can't even have been alive in the 1980s!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Ridzwan A. Rahim said...

hm? what do you mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home