Saturday, October 11, 2008

OMG, I can levitate!

It's 4am and I just woke up from a lucid dream.

I dreamt that I have figured out how to levitate.

I was in my parents home and was standing up. I lifted one leg and then something said I should try lifting the other as well.

This I did. Slowly. And I discovered that my butt did not come crashing to the ground.

I thought, "whoa, this is new." I held both legs up with my arms and started floating around the house in this position.

I moved at walking pace and was waist-high up in the air and therefore was able to glide over some of the furniture, which was really cool.

But I couldn't just float in one spot. I learnt that I needed to carry some speed in order to maintain the levitation. It was sort of like riding a bike where the only way to stay upright is to have some forward movement.

At one point, I saw my brother Dudin and demo-ed to him my latest trick. He just said, "well, that's cool", got into his Toyota Wish and drove off.

I got back on terra firma after a while and was able to repeat the levitation feat a few more times. At will.

The thing is, I did not feel overly ecstatic about my newfound ability. Instead, what I felt was that I had tapped into an unused part of the human mind, the floating part.

That there was some sort of scientific explanation for how levitation is possible.

And that anyone can learn this if they want to.

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger xenobiologista said...

I've dreamed about levitating before too...it was vaguely similar except that I started by lying down in midair, like floating in water.

Have you ever read Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker trilogy? (It's actually 5 books). In the 3rd or 4th one he learns to fly. The trick is to fall down without hitting the ground. Something has to distract you as you're falling so you FORGET that you're supposed to hit.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Ifila Saila said...

duey.. hang ni obessed dgn cerita heroes atau david copperfield? couple of weeks ago, there was a news stating that david copperfield assitant was rushed to the hospital becoz of technical errors during his magic show.. asal hang jgn jatuh katil lepas mimpi tu sudah ler..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home