Sunday, October 19, 2008

First accident with the Swift

Had my first accident yesterday with the Suzuki Swift.

It was morning. I was going to a makan at a relative's house in Bangi.

When I got there, there were already several cars parked in front of the house.

I found an empty spot and went over to parallel park.

There was another car in front facing me, waiting to pass. So I thought I'd just do a quick job of this.

I stopped, engaged the reverse gear and pressed the accelerator. And suddenly, "Prak!"

I looked in the rear view mirror and my heart sank: there was another car behind me with the driver not looking very pleased.

I had no idea when he sneaked up behind me and so had absent-mindedly reversed into his nose.

So I parked my car and got out to inspect the damages. Fortunately, they were minor: my car wasn't damaged although I managed to break the other guy's bumper and grille (it was a Satria).

We exchanged phone numbers and I promised to pay for the repair.

Was I upset? Of course, but not overly so. I believe in life you cannot design a system that does not allow for people to make mistakes.

Funny thing about the incident was that I was listening to ABBA's When All Is Said And Done when it happened.

Standing calmly at the crossroads, no desire to run
There's no hurry anymore when all is said and done

1 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger Ifila Saila said...

Tuhan nak memberitahu bahawa kita tidak memiliki apa2.. hatta nyawa kita pun Dia blh tarik, ini kan pula skadar sebuah kereta baru yg lambat laun akan berkarat di mamah usia.. so lepas ni, pegi bangi naik komuter je lah.. hehe..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home